Sunday, August 08, 2004

Go figure

I was just able to get my post from Thursday to show up on the blog today. Hmm...

Well, for a weekend that began with me wondering what the hell I was going to do, it ended up that I did a lot. Friday night, Angela and I decided it was too gorgeous outside, so we ordered takeout from California Pizza Kitchen at The Galleria, and with a bottle of wine made ourselves a little picnic out on her porch. When it got dark we decided to head inside to watch What Not to Wear and Bill Maher. I hadn't talked with Angela in a while and it was great catching up. Good conversation, good food, good wine - you just can't beat that!

Yesterday Erica and I made our annual trip to Six Flags to ride the roller coasters. We rode all of the coasters, except the Ninja, twice, rode the Ferris Wheel at twilight (so pretty at night), and we each paid $20 extra to do the Dragon's Wing, which was amazing. The Dragon's Wing, described here, makes you feel like your flying as you are dropped from a 15-story tower held only by a wire connected to an arch. I was nervous but having fun, so I was laughing the entire time on the ride. Erica on the way up kept yelling "No" as she was nervous as well - so funny looking back. It was well worth the extra $20 and may be the closest thing I ever get to bungee jumping in my life.

This morning I got a surprise call from Karl's sister Vickie asking if I wanted to go golfing at Ruth Park with her. Well, I had just purchased some new golf shoes that I was wanting to break in, so I ignored the pain in my body from riding roller coasters for 10 hours yesterday and I went. We got paired with two single golfers, Ron and Wes. Wes was all business and seemed a bit annoyed by our style of play. Ron liked that we were having fun and was cracking jokes along with us the whole time. Luckily the foursome ahead of us was going slowly so we had an excuse as to why it took us so long to get through the course, but it was fun.

The rest of my Sunday shall consist of doing laundry, drinking beer and watching TV. I'm so glad I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. Hope your weekend has been as good as mine!

No comments: