Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Thinking of the 'Ville

I was shocked to hear this morning that the daily St. Louis to K-ville commuter plane crashed last night. My thoughts are with the entire K-ville community.

It's extremely shocking when someone you know dies in a plane crash. My aunt's husband's brother M, who was also a classmate of my parents, died in 1998 in a small plane crash. My entire community took it very hard. A wildlife refuge close to home, for which M was game warden for a few years, dedicated a memorial trail in his honor. I've walked the trail a few times and always think of my cousins who lost an uncle.

It will take a while for the K-ville community to get over this tragedy. Jen, my thoughts are especially with you. My thoughts are also with my friend P, who went to med school there and I just found out may actually have to perform the autopsies on the crash victims in Columbia, some of whom he may know.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thank you, Beth. I did indeed know people on board that flight, and today as I looked at their picture, I turned away from the computer screen and winced.

We are going to a memorial service Tuesday night for a friend's mother. The family is simply devastated.

Thank you.