My brother called around 7:15 this evening just as I was leaving work and he said, "Call me when you get home." I found this very strange as his favorite time to call me is when he is on his way home from work. So I figured it was important.
As it turns out, his fiancee was the one who really wanted to talk to me. First, she talked with a family friend of hers who is a CPA but runs a privately-held company. He would be interested in talking to me about a job at his company because apparently there are few younger people in line to take over when he and most of his "yahoo friends," as he called them, retire in about 10 or so years. She said that he would be at their wedding and I could talk to him then, but she wanted to make sure and mention to him that I might be interested in a job.
Second, and most important, my future sister-in-law asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I was very touched that she asked and of course accepted. I told Mom over the holidays that I'd do anything they wanted me to do but I didn't want to sing because I didn't think I could make it through without crying. But I figured she would want her friends to be bridesmaids, so that job didn't even cross my mind. Now I really have to lose some weight before the wedding, but I'm happy to do it for them.
4 comments:
Congratulations!!! That's very cool. So would you move to Arizona for this job? (I have lost over ten pounds so far on my modified Atkins - I'll tell you my own special rules if you like)
The family friend is in St. Louis, which is where Melissa is from. Cool, huh?
Hey, did you like Spanglish?
That is very exciting about the job prospect!!! Man, I wish more people were barking up my job tree (sorry, Karl).
And that is very cool about being a bridesmaid. Atkins tends to work better for men, by the way. But what the heck?
Spanglish was actually not bad, and much better than what I expected. A bit of a chick flick.
Weight Watchers worked for me before so I guess I'm going back to that, though I may modify it a bit. I need to get on that though!
Post a Comment