Well folks, less than a week to go and this tax season is done! BTW, just a friendly reminder that personal tax returns must be postmarked by 11:59 p.m. on April 15 - don't forget!
For the most part, this has been a pretty good busy season. The bane of my existence at work is gone and I can run the client the way it should be run - with organization and expedience. It's amazing the relatively good mood I've been in these past 3+ months, especially compared to last year when I was a royally stressed-out bitch. Granted it has been exhausting and I've pretty much had no social life, but it could have been much worse.
I'm afraid I may not be able to party it up next weekend though. My aunt and uncle that have lived in Guam for the past 10 years have this month finally moved back to the States and may be visiting my family at home next weekend. So since I've only seen them about five times in those 10 years I'll be heading up there if they are home. If not I'll make sure and let those of you in STL know.
The remainder of this year shall be known as "The Year of the Plane Rides." To date I have trips planned to Cancun, New York City, Arizona and Oregon (though I still don't have the tickets for this one yet - B.J., a little help please). I also have the opportunity to go to Las Vegas for my future sis-in-law's bachelorette party, but I may have to skip that one for financial and work purposes. It's been nice during those extra-busy times at work this year knowing that I have all of these trips coming up. And with all of the comp time I've earned at work, I deserve a little time off to have some fun!
4 comments:
Wow, you are really going to be busy! Racking up those frequent flyer miles!!!
How does comp time work?
Great job, Beth, and it's nice to hear that this year went so smoothly for you!
Basically, the way our comp time works is that for all of the overtime we work during tax season, the first 80 hours goes to "comp time," which is basically like getting two more weeks of vacation. Since we are not as busy during the summer the partners feel they are getting the most of our time that way, and they don't have to pay us as much for time when there is no work.
The rest of the overtime we work we get paid straight time for (no time-and-a-half since we're considered "professional"). I calculated today how much overtime I'm going to get paid for, and I figured it's going to be about 220-225 hours. That's basically a month and a half of work above the 80 hours I removed for comp time. Scary, huh?
Hope that makes sense, it's a bit diffucult to explain.
Difficult, not diffucult.
Me again - I forgot to mention that the reason I have so much comp time racked up is because any overtime we work outside of tax season we get as time off too. This past summer I put in some serious overtime and earned a bunch more comp time, so I still have 7 days of vacation I have to use before June 30.
Post a Comment