Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Vacation, all I ever wanted. Vacation, had to get away.

This Thursday Angela and I are going on vacation to Cancun. This is my first big week-long vacation on my own where the primary purpose of the trip is to relax and have fun. Sure I’ve been to Arizona a few times and Las Vegas once, but those trips were to visit my brother – you can’t truly have a good time in Vegas with a sibling. And I’ve been to the Lake of the Ozarks and Chicago and Washington, DC for long weekends, but those were only over three days – not long enough to truly relax. I’m very excited to be seeing an ocean for the first time too, though it’s technically the Caribbean Sea (I still don’t think that the Gulf of Mexico, which I saw and swam in on my Senior Trip in high school, qualifies as the ocean, but the Caribbean Sea does – I don’t know why that is, maybe the color of the water).

I’m bummed, however, that I’m going to be missing Karl’s birthday. It’s been a rough few months for my friend and I really wish I could celebrate with him on his special day. Karl is much loved by his friends and apparently several of them are going to be in town this weekend for his birthday extravaganza. Sorry I’m going to miss everyone, but I have a good excuse being out of the country and all. If I don’t mention it before I leave I hope you have a great birthday, “bro”!

No comments: