So I've had a weekend filled with music and I couldn't be happier. I guess it really all started earlier in the week when I downloaded Nickel Creek's new album. They are one of my absolute favorite bands with their unique mix of bluegrass and alternative. And the fact that they are all younger than me makes me wish I had pursued music a little more in my younger years.
On Friday I found out that the music club I was a member of closed and my membership was transferred to a different club. However I had apparently been a member for long enough and purchased enough music through the old club that I had earned 6 free CDs. The new club carried some artists that I couldn't get with the old one, so I redeemed 3 of the free ones and ended up getting a total of 6 CDs for around $30 (plus S&H) - not too shabby.
The Coldplay concert last night was even better than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed their music before but seeing them live gave me a whole new appreciation for them. It doesn't hurt that I got to see some friends from out of town there and make a new friend in the process. Oh and the opening band, Rilo Kiley, was really good too, and I think I may have to get one of their albums.
It's days like these that make me wish I could actually write music. I've written a few songs but they completely suck - not to mention that I could never be published because I can't translate the melodies in my head to paper very well, so I basically just have words and some measure breaks written down. I wish I could have been in a band when I was younger and been more musically creative, but for now I'll settle for singing karaoke once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment