Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Diagnosis?

I'm thinking of having a sleep study to see if there's something I can do for my snoring. I know that losing weight will help, but I snored in high school so I'm sure that's not going to cure it. For those of you who have witnessed me sleeping, are there periods during my sleep when I stop breathing? I'm just curious if maybe I have a bit of sleep apnea. It seems like I am tired all of the time despite the amount of sleep I get in a night.

Actually the reason I'm thinking about this is because I'm having a bit of a tonsil problem. Yes, I still have my tonsils, though I probably should have had them removed as a child. The thought is that if my doctor's diagnosis is that I should have my tonsils removed will it cure my snoring?

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've tried the strips and they don't stop my snoring, which is why I'm thinking it's more of a throat issue than a sinus issue. But I guess they would help me get more oxygen if nothing else.

Karl said...

I've had my toncils out and I still snore like the hammer of Vulcan pounding out lightning bolts for Thor.

Michelle de Seattle said...

There's a laser treatment that tightens up all the tissue in the back of your throat, which helps to prevent snoring. A laryngologst(sp?) might have a better idea. I was under the impression that we needed our tonsils to fight infection?