Friday, November 18, 2005

Bean counters

I know what the stereotype about accountants is - we're nothing but a bunch of number-crunching, pocket protector-wearing geeks. I've got to tell you though, some of the biggest partiers I know are CPAs. How exhausted am I from partying with my co-workers for the past two days? So exhausted that I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see the new Harry Potter movie. Shocking, I know.

Nothing too crazy happened on Wednesday night except that I saw some of my co-workers drunk whom I had never seen drunk before, which was rather hilarious. My female manager asked me if I had to sleep with a certain female former co-worker, who was not very well liked, or the jackass who was the senior on my tax season audit, which one would I sleep with? She said that she would choose the female, and I have to admit that I agreed with her. I went to bed around 12:30 and, thanks to the huge amounts of beer I drank, slept like a baby.

Hung-over CPE is never fun (hell, sober CPE isn't fun) but apparently that wasn't enough to stop us from partying last night. All of the partners from my firm were at dinner and we hung around the restaurant afterwards to drink some more and talk. Three of the four partners were in rare form with the fourth forced to stay sober so someone could drive. Some of the strippers from the local strip club invited us all to hop on their bus and go back with them to check out the little people strippers that night only. One of the partners and a manager went after the bars closed to check out that show. After the restaurant we went to a piano bar where two of my female co-workers, one of whom is about 65 and the sweetest lady you could ever meet, literally ended up on the floor multiple times. There were about 20 of us still out and feeling good at closing time. I ended up being the sober driver because I hadn't had anything to drink since dinner, mainly due to the fact that I was laughing so hard at everyone else and couldn't stop long enough to take a drink.

Needless to say, two of the partners who were still at CPE when it was over today apologized for what they considered to be inappropriate behavior that may have offended some of my coworkers. The two ladies on the floor last night were in really bad shape today, and everyone else was pretty much half-dead. I've got to say I had a blast at CPE and saw some of the crazier sides of my fellow accountants. We may be pencil-pushers at my job, but we're fun pencil-pushers!

2 comments:

Karl said...

Were the midgets at Club Vouge next to The Turtle?

Beth said...

Yes, that's the one - Club Vogue. I don't know how much of a limited engagement it was, but they might still be there this weekend if you wanted to check it out!