The lack of outrage in Washington, DC, right now really upsets me. I feel that the stunts pulled by our president lately are impeachable offenses, yet I haven't really heard anyone in Congress call for hearings.
Bush has been claiming that he has gained extra powers or that he isn't subject to the same checks on his powers because we are in a time of war. According to Article One of the Constitution of the United States, only Congress has the power to declare war on another country. The thing that gets me is that war has never been formally declared on Iraq or Afghanistan, only the use of military action. Yet the word "war" is being thrown around town and in the news like it's nothing.
Why is it that members of Congress are afraid to stand up and say, "Hey Mr. President, you have no right to these special wartime powers that you're claiming because only we have the power to declare war and we haven't done that. So, Mr. President, what you are doing is not only against the law but also against the oath of office you took to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. These are impeachable offenses and I will not rest until you, sir, are out of office."
If Clinton can get impeached for lying under oath about an extramarital affair, I think it's crazy that the word "impeachment" hasn't even been raised after what Bush has done. Where's the outrage? Where's the fuming? Where are the balls?
1 comment:
Huh? What? I'm sorry, I was too busy watching "American Idol"... what are you talking about?
-Van
Post a Comment