I've worked almost 50 hours of overtime during tax season so far (about 24 this week alone). Once I hit 80 hours, any overtime I work from then on I'll be paid an hourly rate based on my salary. The overtime check that I get in the middle of May almost makes the long hours worth it (almost).
I reached a point today where my brain just wouldn't function anymore. I couldn't concentrate or think of a simple little thing like the names of companies I'm getting ready to audit - companies that I've been working on for five years now. There are many times when I catch our tax partner just staring off into space, and I'm beginning to understand how easily that can happen.
Besides that I'm still alive and kicking. I made it to the gym every day this week. The cats are still breathing. I ordered some cookies of the female scouting variety today. I'm tired but I'm managing to function through means of coffee and Diet Coke.
If I’m able to find the time to go out to dinner or a movie or to play some poker, you'll forgive me if I'm not functioning on all cylinders - won't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment