Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Yesterday around 4:50 p.m. the partner in charge of scheduling walked into my office and said, "So I hear you don't have to work tomorrow."

"Oh yeah, who did you hear that from?"

"The manager in charge of your job."

"Well, I am working on tax returns that have already been extended until September since I haven't yet gotten the information I need to complete the financial statements."

"I think that can wait. We'll see you on Monday."

I actually think that I was more upset than happy that I didn't have to work today. I'd really just like to get my financial statements done, and I know that they are still due on Thursday which means I'll be having to work my ass off to get them done by the deadline. Hopefully I'll get the info on Monday and it won't be that big of a deal. It's still going to take me about a day and a half to finish them even though I have everything ready to go except for the numbers I need.

But you know what, I'm not going to let that get me down. I'm going to enjoy the fact that I have two days in a row off for the first time since early January. I'm going to use this weekend to recharge so I can bust those financials through this week and still be able to go home and see my parents next weekend. I think I deserve a couple of days of rest and relaxation!

1 comment:

Jen said...

the only problem with time off, as I am discovering, is that then you want more and more and more...

where are you going on vacation this year?