In the past two days the tulips around the neighborhood have sprouted and they look beautiful. The weather has warmed up, the sun is shining brightly and people are out enjoying themselves. Spring is my favorite season but I hate this time of year. I want to be out enjoying the beautiful weather so badly but I'm stuck in my office working. I don't even have a window in my office out of which to look.
Well, I made it to April in one piece but I'm still not quite done with my financial statements, so I'm going to have to put in a full day of work tomorrow - yes, on Sunday. I'm anxious to get them done because I can relax when they are. The end is definitely in sight.
I have some out-of-town friends that are in town this weekend and I'm wearing myself out trying to spend time with them but it's completely worth it. I needed a break from thinking about work, and what better way than to laugh your ass off with old friends like you haven't done in a long while. Now if you'll excuse me I think I need a quick nap before I go out for the evening - I don't quite have the stamina I did when I was in college!
Update: I stayed up until about 7:30 and went straight to bed. It's now 8:30 a.m. Sunday (after daylight savings time). I'm getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment