Sunday, June 18, 2006

Abracadabra

I tend to not function very well when I feel like I'm in over my head. I pretty much just shut down and hope that I'll wake up one day and the project will magically be done. This is especially true when I have never done the project before and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's one of those things that you'd happily pay to have done for you if you had the money.

My latest project that I'm putting off is painting my condo. I've been trying to get the painting done since I moved in but I inevitably put it off for one reason or another (Bro's wedding, holidays, tax season, out of town, etc.). I've done the prep work for the painting and it's ready to go, I just need to go to the store, buy my supplies, and get it started.

For some stupid reason I can't bring myself to go to the store. I don't know what I'm afraid of. I don't know if it's the financial commitment involved in buying all of the paint and supplies. I don't know if it's the inconvenience involved while the painting is being completed. It may just be simple procrastination or the fact that I'm a slacker. It doesn't matter what the reason is, what matters is that I've had all weekend to work on this place but I found excuses to do other things instead.

My brother and sister-in-law are coming to town to visit her mother the first week of July. My parents are going to come down on the 4th and stay with me at my place for the rest of that week so they can see them as well. I really need to get everything done before my parents get here even though they've have offered to help with the painting.

Does anyone know of a good magician that works for cheap?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once a year paint one wall a really, really bright color, then claim a shoulder injury and drink margaritas.

Put wall hangings on all the other walls - - I like the Indian/Asian ones with little tiny round mirrors.

playswithyarn said...

i'm no magician, but you can have me all next weekend. we'll meet for dinner this week, stop at home depot to get you supplies and get everything done. J&K and C&V will all be out of town, but sometimes there is too many cooks anyways.