OK, so now I feel pretty comfortable telling you all about my big newsie-news. For the past few weeks I've been interviewing for a new job. Today I was offered a position and I have accepted it. Barring a clean background check and a negative drug test, I will be working in the internal audit department for a large, growing company here in St. Louis. I am VERY excited about the opportunities available to me at my new company and I am really looking forward to my new job.
I am not, however, looking forward to handing in my resignation tomorrow morning. There will be many conferences among the partners, many closed door meetings and much whispering from my co-workers. I am very nervous about it and just want things to go smoothly. There's a chance they'll send me home tomorrow with a quick "See ya!" but I'm hoping they'll let me finish out my two weeks, or at least let me work until the end of the month, so I can get a few more things done before I leave and so my co-workers don't have to pick up my slack too much.
So yeah, good news for me. I've been pretty confident but nervous since my second interview with them last Tuesday because I really wanted this job, and I'm completely thrilled to have gotten the offer. And I'm completely thrilled that I will no longer have to work 75-hour weeks for the first three and a half months of the year any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment