Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Still nuttin'

Well, I'm still waiting to hear about my newsie-news. I was informed that I would find out about the stuff today so I'm a bit upset and concerned that I haven't heard about it yet. If I don't hear tomorrow I may go a bit crazy.

On top of not hearing about my stuff today, I was supposed to go buy paint tonight with the help of my interior decorator. However when I got home I found blood on the living room carpet and my (somewhat) new futon cover. I examined the cats and sure enough Black Cat was bleeding from her back end. I cleaned the carpet the best I could and threw the futon cover in the washing machine, bid adieu to my interior decorator (who I had forgotten to call in my panic) and took the cat to the emergency vet.

I was surprised how quickly I got in to see the vet. The tech told me that her vitals were good, which made me feel a little better because my baby turned 10 this year and I'm concerned about her getting old. She told me she suspected that it was an abscessed anal gland from the look of her back side. The vet came in, took one glance, and confirmed the tech's suspicions. Apparently this is a pretty common condition in dogs but not so much in cats.

They cleaned up Black Cat and gave me some antibiotics for her. I'm supposed to give her a pill every morning and every night for a week. One problem - I'm supposed to go out of town this weekend. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'll figure it out. I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you really link to something about abcessed anal glands? Really?! You should get some interesting traffic from Google... :)
--Van