Thursday, July 20, 2006

Stormy Weather

Wow! Boy do I feel fortunate. Apparently I got off extremely easy when it came to the storm. I have power. That's more than I can say for about 400,000 of my fellow St. Louisans. Go here to read Karl's account of the storm - it sounds like he and Jes won't have power for at least three days. If Erica's power is still out when she gets home tonight I'll be housing her for the unforeseeable future. Hurricane-force winds topping 80 mph will do that. And guess what? More thunderstorms this evening! So fun!

Missouri Governor Baby Blunt mobilized the National Guard and declared a state of emergency due to the destruction and the heat. The temperature only got up to about 97 at the airport with heat index of about 113, but I still wouldn't have wanted to be without air conditioning today. I've only heard of two deaths so far today, I really hope I don't hear about any more.

No comments: