Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby

As I heard from my friends this weekend, it seems that Kat and I were the hardest hit in the most recent ice storm (which I guess is not quite over - they say we're supposed to get more tonight). I was without power from 5:30 a.m. until about 2:00 p.m. yesterday, and the power has been cutting in and out every time we get a gust of wind. Anyway, I went and took some pictures around my condo complex yesterday morning and thought I'd post them while I have power.

This poor tree had the top snapped off of it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one is right outside my front door. Apparently one of the top branches snapped off and it took every one under it with it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the source of my misery. Notice the power lines going through the trees and at the very top left there is a branch sitting on one of the lines.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These poor trees could go at any time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are some other general ice pictures.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope you all are staying warm and dry today!

No comments: