Monday, May 28, 2007

How We Operate

Just a general update post since I've been so bad about posting lately...

A few weeks ago I turned 33. Normally I don't mind getting older, but this birthday is different. You see, my mother informed me when my grandpa passed away a few years ago that deaths always seem to happen to her around the number 33. Her mother passed away when she was 33. Her father-in-law passed away when she had been married to my dad for 33 years. Well, with me turning 33 she has now been a mother for 33 years as I am the oldest. And of course, being a superstitious person, I'm concerned what will happen this year. I'm just hoping to make it through the year okay, and if we have any deaths in the family then we'll just have to get by.

The root canal wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and the pain - oh, the horrible pain - is completely gone now. I feel 1,000 times better now and wish I would have had it done a long time ago to save myself the agony. I would gladly have paid twice as much to get rid of that horrible, terrible, dreadful pain.

I guess I never mentioned what happened with my jury duty. Well, I did get selected for a jury, but I suppose if I was going to get selected this was the way to do it. Two juries were selected first thing on that Monday and I was on one of them. We started the civil trial after lunch on Monday, had closing arguments after lunch on Tuesday, and we were done with deliberations Tuesday afternoon. So we spent the same amount of time at the courthouse as we were originally told we were going to - not too shabby. It was very a interesting case, and I was proud to have served.

Last weekend I went to see Erica in Atlanta. We had a great time - I only wish I could have stayed longer. The weekend before last (Mother's Day weekend) I went home to help celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. I saw lots of family I hadn't seen in a long time and some step-family members I had never met before. This holiday weekend has been filled with friends, food and fun. I think I'm going to relax and take it easy today - I deserve a break.

No comments: