I did it - I found a job (finally)! Of all the jobs I interviewed for, this one was my favorite. Starting August 6 I will be working in the corporate world as a senior accountant. I will have four or five people who report to me and I will get to review financial statements prepared by them. In addition, about once a month I'll get to travel to various franchise locations around the country to train people on how to properly account for their finances and how they are to submit their information to the corporate office. This is pretty much what I wanted in a job - I get to work with numbers again and I get to do some traveling without traveling all of the time. And, I'm going to be able to help small business owners which makes me feel like I'm doing some good in the world.
This week I'm cleaning out closets and sorting through all of my stuff for the garage/moving sale a bunch of us are having this weekend. It's amazing how much crap I've accumulated over the years, and it feels good to be getting rid of it all (ah, feng shui). Of course the last Harry Potter book is released at Midnight Friday night, so I don't know how much help I'm going to be at the sale with my head planted in a book all day.
Once I get through everything and sell what I can, next week I can finally finish decorating my condo. Although now I have to add "fixing my hall ceiling" to my list of things to do because it fell in due to some water damage from either my upstairs neighbor's A/C unit or mine. Every time I've gone upstairs to talk to my neighbors they haven't been home. At this point I just want to know whose unit is causing the problem so I can take appropriate action on my end to fix the problem.
Sometime in the next two and a half weeks I'd like to actually use my pool, too. And I need to make invitations for Jes and Karl's baby shower. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't taken some time off to get things done around the house. Isn't it amazing how work can get in the way of living?
1 comment:
woohoo! Congrats on the new job. It sounds great! :)
Post a Comment