I don't know what it is about this town that causes allergies! I never had them until I moved to St. Louis. Many people I talk to say the exact same thing. I finally admitted to myself yesterday that I had developed them. Today they are so bad they are keeping me home from work. Oh I probably could have gone in if I had needed to but I didn't. In a bit I'm going to go to Walgreens and see if they have any over-the-counter drugs to help.
I'm hoping I get to feeling better later because I'm itching to spend some of my tax season overtime check that we got today (actually, I guess I shouldn't call it my "tax season" check since I'm not a tax accountant - "busy season" is better). Instead of my firm paying me a higher base salary and no overtime as they do at most of the bigger firms, my firm pays a lower base salary and calculates an hourly rate based on that salary to pay out overtime worked during tax season. Unfortunately we don't get paid time and a half for overtime since we are a professional company and are not required to pay time and a half.
This year I worked 280 hours of overtime during the three months of busy season and will get paid for 200 as the first 80 will be used towards "comp time," which is like extra vacation. Of all of the staff auditors, I worked the second most hours - the guy with the most hours was the senior staff auditor on my client. It sucked working so much at the time, but is nice to get that check. Most of the check is going towards bills, but I'm going to treat myself a little bit. After all, I think I've earned it, and hopefully it will help me feel a little better!
No comments:
Post a Comment