Today was the day I got my annual performance review at work and my raise, which I can't complain about. I always have a hard time with my performance review though. A "C" score means one is performing where one is expected to be performing given one's level of experience. I had mostly Cs and more Bs than Ds, but of course all I can remember are the Ds on my evaluation.
Items to work on:
1. Taking the initiative on projects at work
2. Clearing review notes of my workpapers more quickly and completely
3. Asking appropriate questions
I thought No. 3 was funny because it feels like I ask questions all of the time, but I guess I'm just not asking the right questions of the right people. Hmm.
My Bs consisted mostly of being easy to work with, getting along with my co-workers, pleasant and friendly attitude, etc. 5 Bs to 3 Ds. Get past the Ds, Beth, get past the Ds.
Work is really starting to get crazy so I haven't really felt like blogging much. I had to drive south to F today to see one of the Local Unions and will be spending next week in B, IL, and the week after that in A, IL, and will be forced to do the long commute for both. I'm really beginning to get the feeling that I may be pulling some tax season hours during the end of September to get all of the LM reports for the Locals to the DOL by their due date (they can't be extended). Good thing I just got that raise!
1 comment:
Oh and of course, my boss who gave me the evaluation said, "Let's look at the areas you need work," instead of, "See what you are doing well." Which, of course, makes me concentrate on the Ds even more. Ho hum.
Post a Comment