I'm actually able to watch a little TV tonight, and I decided to turn on the Republican National Convention, just to see a peek of what life is like on the other side. Here's my play-by-play analysis:
1. Lots of white faces in the crowd, very little people of color
2. A lot of talk about what the Republicans have done in the past four years. What about what is going to happen in the next four?
3. Be afraid, be very afraid. Scaring people into voting for you is not very optimistic. Are we really any safer now than we were before September 11, or are we just more afraid?
4. Kerry may change his mind, but Bush has his mind made up without first looking at the facts and rushes into situations without first looking at the options.
5. The Republicans seem to be using what happened on September 11 as a political tool. Let's just trample on the graves of the 4,000 people who died that day in the attacks!
6. RNC video - Apparently Bush is a good pitcher, so we should vote for him.
7. It's nuclear, not nucular!
8. 9:08 p.m. - "FUHGETABOUTIT!" (Thanks, Al Franken.)
9. Dick Cheney is evil. He's not at Bush's side, he's leading Bush by the ear.
10. Ronald Reagan was apparently the best thing to ever happen to the U.S.
11. How are you protecting the American people by making the world hate us more?
12. How are you helping Americans by punishing those who need help most?
13. Oh my goddess, he want to take over the world!
14. Republicans from Texas are weird - they're all dressed alike!
15. OK, I actually do agree with Bush on one point - the tax code is too complicated. But, it keeps me employed!
16. Smile big - they really liked that point.
17. Boy, those Republicans learned one Spanish phrase very quickly and were right on cue!
18. For someone who originally said he wanted less government, but he sure is proposing a lot of government programs.
19. Kerry is going to be forced to raise taxes after Bush recklessly slashed taxes in a time of "war" and eliminated Clinton's budget surplus.
20. Here we go - let's hear about those unborn children and how marriage should only be between a man and a woman.
21. "Yeah, I'm proud to have killed thousands of people across the world. See me smile."
22. Ooo, a protester was removed from the Garden. Don't you feel safer with the Republicans? They can't even keep protesters out of the Garden! Oh, another!
23. I'm still not convinced that Iraq was a threat to America, and I don't think there is anything Bush can say that will change my mind. Why doesn't he talk about defending the Iraqi people from a dictator instead of defending America against that dictator? Saddam was doing much more harm to his own people than he ever could have done to us. If Bush is so concerned about protecting the freedom of people around the world, why don't we go protect the people of Sudan? Because there's no oil there!!!
24. Yeah, like we haven't heard the flip-flop comment before. Find something of substance to criticize Kerry for!
25. Is the U.S. really a force for good? Is it?
26. CNN has shown that one African-American lady (not Condi Rice) 5 times. Ooo, diversity!
27. Praise for Truman - a Democrat! This is why a Democrat should be president again.
28. Oh geez, he just used the phrase "Almighty God." I wondered when religion was going to rear its ugly head.
29. Is someone counting how many times September 11th has been mentioned? Vanessa?
30. I'm positive after the DNC the Republicans made SURE their balloons worked.
Vote Kerry-Edwards in November!
1 comment:
Sorry, Beth, I was even watching the convention to count this time! I was afaraid my head would explode if I tuned in. Jon Stewart's coverage & analysis is good enough for me!
-Van
Post a Comment