As I write this I am in Arizona enjoying my five-day vacation visiting my brother "Bro" and his girlfriend "GF" in this gorgeous state. I left work yesterday about 3:00 and I got about 9:30 exhausted and ready for bed.
The agenda for my trip is as follows:
Thursday (today): Sleep in and do nothing all day (except maybe take GF's dog N for a walk if he wants one. N is a sweet, beautiful Husky with one blue eye and one brown eye).
Thursday night: GF is making Mexican food with the shrimp and crab they caught in Mexico last weekend. Some of their friends will be over, some of whom I've already met.
Friday: Sleep in, do nothing all morning.
Friday afternoon: Tee time at 2:00 at the Country Club.
Friday night: Up in the air right now, we might watch the debates, we'll probably go out to dinner. On a side note, talks turned to politics last night and my brother asked me if I knew who I was going to vote for. I didn't know where GF stood so I said that I didn't know if I wanted to say. Bro said, "Well, you can tell me as long as it's not Kerry." To that I said, "Well, I guess I'd better not say then." My hopes were dashed as it appears that GF, too, is a conservative. Darn, I could have used the backup.
Saturday/Sunday: I know that we are going to the Grand Canyon on one day, but I'm not sure which one. The other day we may go to Sedona and possibly (probably) take in some more golf. I've been to both of these places before, but I wanted to go to the Canyon again as the trip there last year was too short due to Bro's truck being on the fritz. It was also an overcast day and you couldn't see to the other side as well as I would have liked.
Monday: Sleep in, do nothing all day.
Monday afternoon/evening: Fly home, get into St. Louis after 11.
Tuesday: Sleep in, recover from trip, unpack, do nothing the rest of the day.
I was in desperate need of this vacation. I haven't been here for 24 hours yet, but I already feel ten times better.
No comments:
Post a Comment