I've been thinking about trying to contact my boyfriend from high school, K. He lived in St. Louis while we were together and though we dated for over a year the long distance relationship was too difficult for us to continue. I have no idea what happened to him after we broke up and I don't even know where he went to college. But with modern technology being what it is today I was thinking I might be able to track him down.
What does everyone think of this - should I try to make contact or just let it go? How would you feel if a long lost love contacted you many years later?
5 comments:
Apparently no one cares if I make a complete fool of myself. Come on guys, I need some serious advice on this!
It's a fine line between stalking and nostalgia, I have been contacted and I've contacted via the web search and generally we have friendly conversations about where our lives are at and we laugh at how dumb we were then. I would try and find him if I were you, but I wouldn't expect a Bridget Jones reunion if you know what I mean.
I hope you don't think that this was just a spur of the moment decision. I've been thinking about it for a while - actually, probably since I moved to St. Louis or even before. I had a dream about him the other night which kind of re-sparked the interest in contacting him. And I'm fully expecting him to be married with kids. I just want to know, you know?
Oh yeah, I like the psychic idea - I should do that!
I looked on the Internet a bit and found a phone number in St. Louis for his name, but who knows if it's him or not. I don't think I have the guts to call it. I've tried other searches but have been unsuccessful so far. I made my information available to him and anyone else who went to Missouri Scholars Academy via the website for MSA where we met. I haven't called Marisal yet, but I don't know if I'll be able to get in to see her before tax season starts due to her limited schedule - I need to do that. So, I guess if he is interested in getting ahold of me he can now. My name is much more unusual than his.
Post a Comment