Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Today's thoughts

It’s amazing how much more blogging I can get done when I’m not swamped at work. However I know that this is just the calm before the storm as tax season is right around the corner. I have just a few things to do this week at work, and next week I’m out at my January client doing prelim work. Fortunately I like the ladies I’m going with to this client so it should be fine. Then it’s home for a week and only three days of work the next. After that, life as I know it will cease to exist for three and one half months.

My grandfather passed away one year ago today. I guess I’m not as sad as I thought I would be because he was sick for so many years prior to his passing, and I know that he hated not being able to physically do the things he wanted to do. Hopefully wherever he is he’s smiling that wonderful smile, smoking his Salem Lights and drinking his Four Roses with a never-ending supply of peppermints in the pocket of his overalls.

To be perfectly honest I’m surprised my grandmother has made it one whole year without him. I fully expected her to pass away within a year of him because taking care of him was pretty much the only thing keeping her going. Though her health has definitely deteriorated over the past few months she’s still going strong. Hope she’s doing okay today, and I hope someone from my family is with her.

The cookie exchange yesterday was a success. I had many compliments on my cookies and even had a couple of co-workers ask me for the recipe. All of the cookies I’ve sampled so far (of which there are 14 different kinds) have been good. I was concerned about that because last year there were some cookies that I really didn’t like and I ended up throwing them away. And what fun is that?

Off to lunch – my stomach is growling after talking of cookies!

No comments: