Thursday, January 06, 2005

So, that was Detroit?

I'm back from my work trip - and delay free believe it or not. My only sight-seeing was the inside of my hotel and the building on the outskirts of downtown that I was working in. In the evenings we drove around very little due to the weather (Detroit got 6-8 inches of snow and some sleet Tuesday night through Thursday morning).

In all fairness though, the building that I did the audit in was absolutely gorgeous - one of those old skyscrapers from the 1920's that houses a theatre (Stefanie Powers in "The King and I" in one week!) and had arched, painted ceilings, carved brass elevators and marble everywhere. So in a way I guess I did do some sight-seeing, just inadvertently. Anyway, it's great to be home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
-Van

Jen said...

Glad you're home safe!

Let's do exchange books. Should we exchange titles first, or just box up ten books each and send???

Beth said...

I think there's another person named Beth who wants to trade books with you - though it's an excellent idea. I unfortunately do not own enough to trade.

Jen said...

Maybe I should send you some!

Beth said...

Well, if you must! My birthday is in April.

Beth said...

Noooooo! No Danielle Steel please!