Sunday, February 06, 2005

Shocking

I just found out on my weekly call to my parents that my cousin (and classmate) and his wife are getting a divorce. No warning, no separation, just boom! - straight to divorce.

Apparently my cousin got himself a girlfriend and the wife didn't like that. Now this cousin of mine has always been a bit of a player, but I always figured if a woman won his heart enough for him to marry her that he would always be loyal. I'm just so shocked by this because I really thought they were great together and that she was really good for him (and I really liked her). And I'm so mad at him for doing something stupid like this.

The saddest part is that they have an amazing three-year-old son that my cousin absolutely adores. The wife was kind enough to file for joint custody though I totally would have understood if she hadn't. I just can't believe it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I didn't know on Saturday, so no apology is necessary. I'm sorry that I didn't ask any more about your friend on Sunday.

Jen said...

I'm sorry Beth. Divorce is always hard-- especially with kids.

Angela-- what friend? What happened?