Monday, October 03, 2005

Don't know much

I feel like I should blog since I have an opportunity to, but I don't really have anything significant to say. I'm leaving for my brother's wedding in Arizona on Wednesday morning and I've been trying to get some stuff done before I leave. I'm watching some Monday Night Football while my toenails dry the same purple color as my bridemaid's gown. I haven't really been in the mood to watch much football yet this year, even though the Chiefs have been on my TV every game so far. I guess it's because baseball's still going on (Go Cards!). Ho hum.

I think I've been bummed a bit because it seems like the country's really going downhill fast. The latest Supreme Court nomination has me terribly concerned, and I don't feel like I can do much about it. I hate feeling powerless, and it seems like no matter how many letters I write or emails I send it's not going to make one iota of a difference. And all of this is on top of the fallout from the hurricanes and the stupid things Conservatives say. This defeatist attitude is dragging me down.

No comments: