Monday, October 31, 2005

This Halloween is the scariest of them all

I really feel like we’ve all been hosed. H.M. wasn’t ever really the nominee – she was a red herring to make people believe that he was actually considering a woman for the post. I think what happened was they were hoping the Democrats would raise a stink over her lack of information. What he didn’t count on was that the Republicans would be pissed because she wasn’t conservative enough. Why did he underestimate his Republicans’ trust in him? Because he’s an arrogant, self-righteous prick. But it doesn’t matter because she was never going to be put through the confirmation process. She was happy to make the sacrifice because she thinks he is “brilliant.”

Now that he’s already nominated a female candidate he was free to choose what he really wanted – a white male in the same vein as A.S. and C.T. S.A. is exactly the type of candidate I was fearing the most. And now the “nuclear option” is going to rear its ugly head, and the filibuster as we know it will be history despite the desires of our nation’s founders. I’m really afraid of what’s happening and what’s going to happen to this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here, here!
When is it gonna stop?!
-Van