Friday, December 02, 2005

The cow says, "Moo!"

This weekend I'm hopefully going to send out my holiday cards and I can't believe it's that time of year already. I know I've done a lot and seen a lot this year (four different vacations - that'll never happen again unless I win the lottery) but it really did fly by, maybe because I had so much going on. And I'm again dreading the upcoming busy season. I'm thinking more and more that this will be my last busy season at my job, but I guess we'll see if I can find a job that will suit me (and my pocketbook) better.

Total change of subject: For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to determine if I'm lactose intolerant. I've been testing myself to see how my body reacts on days that I eat cheese versus days where I don't. It's not a very scientific test but I can definitely notice a difference between the two. I guess I'm going to have to make an effort to reduce my dairy intake, which sucks because I love cheese.

My inability to properly digest dairy products has gotten me to thinking about going vegetarian. I wouldn't be cutting out meat for moral reasons (Sorry V) but more for health reasons, and I would continue to eat eggs and, if I can handle it, some dairy. I'm just thinking that if I can't tolerate lactose that my body may react poorly to meat as well. I haven't tested this theory like I have the dairy one, but I'm in the process of cleaning out my freezer of its meat. It might be a good New Year's Resolution for me to make this year.

To get my mind in the proper state to go vegetarian, tonight I rented Super Size Me. I've seen it before and I remember being repulsed by what was being shown (and I'm pretty sure I've blogged on it before but I'm not going to search my archives for it, but feel free if you want to). It didn't take long for me to forget about that the last time I saw it, but I'm hoping the repulsion will stick with me a little longer on this viewing and provide me with some motivation. We shall see.

2 comments:

Karl said...

There's a documentary called Meat that will do the trick - PETA shows it up at Webster every year.

Karl said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074886/