Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sexiest Man Alive?

Over the holiday weekend I purchased the Sexiest Man Alive issue of People. This year's selection, in case you haven't heard, is Matthew McConaughey. Now I'll admit, when A Time To Kill came out I thought he was the bee's knees. But now I can't decide. I mean he's good looking and everything, but something he says in the article really disturbed me. He says, and I quote, "I haven't worn deodorant in 20 years."

I understand the desire of some people to get back to their natural state. I even enjoy certain men's natural musky scents. But forget the smell factor for a second - I know how unclean I feel if I forget to put on deodorant. Not to mention how paranoid I am that I reek to high heaven and that those around me are offended by my odor. I guess if you make millions of dollars per movie you could care less whether or not anyone thinks you stink. And while some people are okay with the "no deodorant" rule, I can't get past it.

That being said, if you told me that George Clooney hadn't worn deodorant in over 20 years, I think I'd be completely okay with that...for some reason...hmm.

No comments: