I don't know if I truly believe in New Year's Resolutions, but I figure it's nice to set goals for myself and try to attain them. So, in the time-honored tradition of hoping that next year is better than this one, even though this year has been pretty great to me, here are my resolutions for 2006. Forgive me if these get a bit personal, but I need to write these in detail or I won't do them.
1. Lose weight - I know, I make this resolution every year. But I need to remember that I'm going to be going to Hawaii and I'm going to be a maid of honor in 2007. I need to be able to look good in a bathing suit and a bridesmaid's dress. My official goal is to lose the weight that I had originally lost on Weight Watchers but gained back, though losing some more would be nice.
2. Paint my new condo - I swear if I don't put this down as a goal it'll never get done. I guess the first thing I need to do is finalize my color selections, then I can paint.
3. Avoid meat and dairy - I'm going to try to improve my diet this year and I've already improved it somewhat. I've noticed that I feel much better when I do avoid eating animal products. I mentioned that I was planning on giving up meat in 2006 to my parents over Christmas and I got the lecture about supporting farmers that I knew I would get. I responded by telling them that since they no longer raised livestock I would be supporting their farm more by going vegetarian and eating soy-based products. I must admit that that shut them up about it. Giving up meat should be easy, giving up dairy will be tough so I'm only going to try and avoid it. If I should eat dairy then I will take some Lactaid in 2006.
4. Read more books - I have several books in my collection that I haven't read yet. I'm going to try and read at least a book a week, thought I know that's an ambitious goal during tax season.
5. Maintain the resolutions I accomplished (can you accomplish a resolution?) in 2005 - This means that I need to keep going to the gym on a regular basis, not start smoking again, and keep myself involved in causes that I believe in.
I hope that I haven't bored you to tears with my ramblings this year. Everyone please have a safe and happy 2006!
2 comments:
I *just* wrote a very similar post to this, and similarly hoped I hadn't bored everyone to tears, but you did not bore me!
See you tonight!
Happy New Year!!!
Have you thought about
http://www.sparkspeople.com/index.asp
?
I may join, today is the last free day.
Post a Comment