Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cheers and Jeers

First, the jeer. I guess it was too much to ask that my Chiefs win today and the Steelers lose. I knew that we'd lost the playoffs a couple of weeks ago when we lost to the Giants. And now Dick Vermeil is retiring again. I wonder who we'll get as our new head coach next year since we're done for this year. Grumble.

"Why, if Beth lives in St. Louis, is she a Chiefs fan?" you must be asking yourself. Simple - I grew up on the other side of the state. And while my baseball allegiance has switched from the Royals to the Cardinals, the Chiefs have long been my favorite team. While I will cheer for the Rams, if the two teams come head to head I have to root for my Chiefs. I'm planning on doing a blog on KC vs. StL, but that will have to wait for another day as I've got a movie to go see this afternoon.

Now for the cheers. I had a great time bringing in the new year last night. Here's my picture essay of the evening.

First, in addition to being a new year's party, it was a housewarming of sorts as my good friend Karl moved in with Jes. Here they are enjoying the housewarming gift I got for them.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There was lots of food to be enjoyed by all.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chris brought his new chocolate fountain for our amusement and enjoyment.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The champagne was wheeled out right before midnight.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And Mary introduced us to her Champagne.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The monkey, of course, made his appearance.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ghouls came out after the clock struck 12.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
But that didn't seem to bother Champagne at all.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was happy to see some of my friends from out of town.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Alas, around 1:00 the party started winding down.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So Karl decided to break out the poker table.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I hope you enjoyed my pictures from the fun evening. Cheers!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome, Beth! It was great to see you, and it was a great party.

And I really appreciate you not mentioning the whole Old Faithful thing.

Speckledpup said...

Nice pix.
Looks like fun.