- They miss my former roommate Brad and his Kitty. I can't blame them on that one as I miss them too.
- I'm not home enough. That one's pretty easy to understand.
- They sense what time of year it is. And in combination with the one above I'm going to be away from home even more starting next week.
I got Black Cat when I was going through my divorce over nine(!) years ago. Fat Cat was acquired from my former college roommate N when she had to put her other cat to sleep the same week that she gave birth to her daughter just over three years ago. Both cats are getting up there in age, and Fat Cat has had her share of medical problems and is even on prescription food. Yes I know Fat Cat needs to lose weight too, but I somehow believe that Black Cat will be the one that suffers if I put Fat Cat on a diet. Of the two Fat Cat is the neediest as she has always had multiple people around her until recently when I got my own place. Black Cat is pretty happy on her own for the most part, but she still demands her fair share of my time.
I feel badly that I can't spend more time with them but I'm a busy single girl. I am happy though that they have each other to keep the other company. I have officially decided, however, that if I am still single I will acquire no more pets once the girls are gone since I feel I can't devote the proper amount of time to them. I don't have a dog because I don't have the time needed to care for one, and even though cats don't require nearly the same amount of time as dogs I feel I should extend the same courtesy to them as well.
Here are my girls shortly after I moved to my condo doing what they love to do best - watch the birds/rabbits/squirrels that are playing outside.
3 comments:
electric blanket on couch = cat heaven
I was just going to say heat pad, but I was beat to it.
They love a warm comfy spot.
Plus get them some wind up toys that absolutely wear them out. There are battery operated mice and spinning balls and such.
And if you truly have a half hour to kill, we play with a laser pointer with our cat. Poor thing, we get her so tired that she falls over on her side panting. too funny. But it makes up for the time she spends alone.
Just like with a kid, quality, not quantity. You have the right pet to be left alone for long periods. Just get them some entertainment.
Oh and an electric blanket.
Guess I'm going to have to try an electric blanket! Thanks to both of you!
Post a Comment