I'm in the middle of baking some M&M cookies for our Cookie Exchange at work but I'm just not feeling the holiday spirit. I keep hoping something will trigger the mood within me but nothing has worked. I addressed all of my holiday cards yesterday, but there was no spirit behind my good wishes. The last thing I want to do is put up my Christmas decorations.
My brother and sister-in-law aren't going to be able to be home for Christmas this year which may have something to do with my foul mood. This is the first Christmas since Bro was born that the four of us haven't been together. Bro suggested that since Christmas wasn't going to be the same this year that we skip giving presents all together and save our money for a family trip to Hawaii. I talked with him on the phone today and while we're still planning on the trip we agreed that skipping presents probably won't happen, but we're definitely not going to go crazy on them like we normally do.
Maybe the problem is that there are no children around me to share the holiday. Maybe when Bro and SIL get around to having kids I'll be more excited about buying presents. But for now the only thing that Christmas means to me is that tax season is only a few weeks away. Bah humbug.
No comments:
Post a Comment