Sunday, January 08, 2006

Gotta love the Swedes

For Christmas this year (even though I thought we were going easy on Christmas - I should have known my mom couldn't resist) my parents gave me a little money with the specific purpose of buying a small table and chairs for my new condo. I threw in some Christmas money from other family members and some I'd earned for working one of my dad's auctions and *voila* I had enough to buy a little dinette set.

I did a little shopping online to see if I could find something I liked and sure enough I found a table and chairs at IKEA. I was hoping I'd get the opportunity to make the 4-1/2 hour trip to Chicago to purchase the items before tax season started, and this was the only weekend I could do it since I start my long days on Thursday. After some questions about dog care and procuring an appropriate sized vehicle, Jes, Kat, Vanessa and I, though we had a late start, were on our way yesterday.

Jes and I had never been to IKEA before, but Vanessa and Kat were old pros. I had always heard that they had so much stuff and for such great prices but I had no idea until I saw that store. I was able to buy the table and chairs, a couple of end tables, some fabric to make curtains and the accessories for the curtains with my allotted funds.

I didn't get to bed until about 3:00 this morning but the trip was well worth it. And now for the fun part - I get to put everything together! I'll have pictures later.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I cannot believe what you can accomplish in 24 hours. I would be dead.