Shortly after the first of the year I received a letter from my cousin's daughter asking me to purchase a magazine to help raise money for her scouting troop. I looked through the list for a new magazine I thought I'd enjoy and settled on Food and Wine magazine. I like food and I like wine, so I thought this was the magazine for me.
Last week I got a Newsweek in the mail. I thought it was a free trial issue but I got another issue this week. After closer examination of the address label I noticed a date of February 2007.
Here are my thoughts - any of the following may have happened.
1) I put the wrong code on the card.
2) I put the right code on the card but the person inputting the information entered the wrong code.
3) The magazine no longer exists and instead of refunding my money the company gave me a "substitute."
4) This subscription is a gift from someone or a bonus subscription and I'm still going to be getting the Food and Wine.
5) The company was a sham and I should feel fortunate to have even gotten the Newsweek.
I'd contact my cousin's wife about the mess-up but she doesn't need to deal with this right now because her brother died in a car wreck last weekend. Any thoughts on what I should do? I'm not a fan of Newsweek and I'd rather not have to deal with getting it for the next year.
1 comment:
call your credit card company. they can put you into contact with company that actually took your money and got you newsweek. straighten it out with them directly. no need to involve others right now.
Post a Comment