Saturday, March 04, 2006

Barely breathing

It's just my luck to have come down with a cold this time of year. I could really stand to get some work done tomorrow if I wasn't feeling so crappy. Instead I decided to stay extra late today so I won't have to work very long if at all tomorrow. I'll see whether or not I have to update a tax return when I stop by the office to pick up my computer which will receive some badly needed updates in the morning.

I wish I had something more exciting to blog about but this is pretty much as exciting as it gets this time of year. March is by far my busiest month with corporate tax returns due on the 15th and financial statements for my client due at the end of the month. Needless to day I'm going to be working even more than I already am.

Adding to my work load is the fact that apparently I am somewhat of a control-aholic (I know, shocking isn't it) and I feel like I need to personally examine and fix to my satisfaction every little thing in the workpapers. I am very anal about the neatness of my workpapers, and they're all my workpapers because I'm the senior on this job and they are my responsibility even though I not completing all of them. The less the manager and partner need to ask me about the work done the better off I am.

At least I'm in the groove now. It's really hard adjusting to the hours and the lack of a social life but eventually you get used to it. So getting up at 4:30 in the morning isn't a problem and neither is getting to bed at 9:00 at night. The beauty of this line of work is that at the end of all of this I get a nice little overtime check and I'll have so much time in the evenings that I won't know what to do with myself. That is until I adjust to getting off work at 5:00 again...

I'm over halfway there.

2 comments:

Michelle de Seattle said...

I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Are you still alive?