Saturday, February 11, 2006

Technical difficulties

I've made a few changes to my sidebar in the past day or two. I've gotten rid of a few of the links to my friends' blogs because they never update them (sorry, but if you haven't updated in 2006 then you're gone - Jason, you just made it under the wire), and I've added a few new friends I've discovered in the past few months in the great wide world known as the blogsphere. I'm still trying to keep current with everyone's blogs but I've been slacking a bit in the past month since I've been working tax season hours, so please forgive me if I haven't commented in a while. After tax season I'm going to dedicate time to learning some more code so I can hopefully get a unique template going but until then the green flowery Blogger template will have to do.

Now for that all-consuming thing I call work. A month in and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I was really bad about going to the gym this week because I have been so damn tired. I can't even get any peace while I'm sleeping because I've begun dreaming about work too - never a fun thing. Oddly enough, despite the lack of sleep and the long hours I've been pretty un-stressed so far this year. And I know that's because I'm in charge of my current client and I don't have to deal with the former senior on the job. Things are going pretty smoothly (**knock on wood**) and I'm anticipating they will from here until financial statements are due. Plus I've already met my 80 hours of overtime to be used as comp time, so any additional overtime will mean that much more money in my pocket!

No comments: