Sorry I haven't really posted this week. Once I got back to work on Tuesday (I called in sick on Monday) things just started getting crazy. I've got some stuff going on that I'm hesitant to blog about for fear of who might know about this blog and for fear of jinxing it, but I can tell you that things are going rather well with the stuff. I'll fill you all in on it later I'm sure.
Last night some of us went to see
Phantom of the Opera at
The Fabulous Fox. I crossed two things off of my life list last night: I had never seen Phantom performed live (I've known the music and the story for a long time and have seen the movie) and I had never been to the Fox. If you are ever in St. Louis and want something to do, go the Fox if you can - the theater is absolutely gorgeous and
pictures do not do it justice.
Tomorrow
Vanessa and I are
running walking in the
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I will be participating in memory of my maternal grandmother who died in 1983 from breast cancer at the young age of 62. I was really close to my grandma and took her death really hard. I was just a few weeks shy of nine years old when she passed and she was the first person in my life who I was close to who had died. I remember my mom wouldn't let me go to the hospital to see her despite my arguments because she didn't want me to see her sick (I'm now so grateful that Mom refused). This is something I've wanted to do for a really long time - and some day I will actually run the 5K - if nothing else than to show that I remember Grandma fondly and still miss her to this day. Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Good vibes for whatever is going well!
Have a good time walking in the race. It really is a good cause and a great way to honor the memory of your grandma.
Cheers!
Post a Comment