My dad and my sister-in-law both called last night to let me know they got home okay. I am spending today recovering from the craziness that was this week. You know how when you live in a town you never do the touristy things in that town? Not so this week. I did many things here that I'd never done before.
On Sunday my SIL's mom got tickets for herself, Bro, SIL and me to go to the Cardinals game on Sunday. Bro and SIL were so excited to see the new ballpark. It helped our enjoyment factor that we won the game and that Pujols, Rolen and Edmonds all hit homeruns. After the game we got frozen custard at another fine St. Louis institution.
My mom and dad came in on Tuesday and we grilled steaks at SIL's mom's house (yes, I had a steak and am no longer a vegetarian - to be honest six months without meat was longer than I thought I'd go). We decided to stay in and watch the fireworks from the house instead of going where there would be huge crowds, and I think we had a better time staying in.
On Wednesday morning Mom, Dad and I went to buy them a new computer since theirs died right before they came to visit. That afternoon Mom, Dad, Bro, SIL and I took a tour of The Brewery. Neither my brother nor I had been before and my parents hadn't been in 35 years. My dad was asking all kinds of questions of the tour guide. I think he may be considering doing a little home brew, but that would mean that Mom and Dad would have to drink something other than Busch Light. We ordered St. Louis-style pizza at my condo and sat outside and talked for the rest of the evening.
Thursday morning I made brunch and then Mom, Dad and I went to find them some shoes they could wear at archery tournaments. We met Bro, SIL and SIL's mom at a restaurant on The Hill for some good Italian. After dinner we met up with Karl at the Missouri Botanical Garden to see the glass art exhibit showing there.
On Friday Mom, Dad, Bro, SIL and I went to the St. Louis Zoo, also something I've never done before which is very strange because it has free admission. Karl and Jes met us there and we walked around all afternoon. It really is a nice zoo and I should have gone long ago - I won't wait so long for the next time. We took the evening off since Bro and SIL went to see some friends so I helped Dad set up his new computer.
Yesterday we all met for lunch and then they were all on their way. I'm so glad we all were able to get together as it's so rare that it happens any more. I had a great time and the week went by much too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment