Today was my first day at my new job. I can tell you this from today - I'm going to like working for this company. I already feel like I am an important part of the company and I can't remember feeling like more than the hired help at my old job. Actually I take that back - the only reason I was valued at my old job was because of the knowledge I obtained while working there, but as a person they couldn't have cared less about me.
Today basically consisted of filling out paperwork, getting an overview of the company, and learning how the company does things on their computer network. They took our fingerprints so we could get our background checked (I hope that there aren't any skeletons in my closet!) and we had to take our pictures for our security badges.
Tomorrow I will actually get to go to my department and receive additional training as well as finish signing up for my benefits and such. Then next Tuesday and Wednesday I will complete my training with seminars concentrating on making our customers happy.
It's weird going from such a small company to a large one that knows what they are doing and knows how to treat their employees and their customers. Yeah, I think I'm going to like it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment