Today was filled with exciting administrative stuff such as setting up my folders on the network, configuring my calendar and figuring out the new systems. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all of the new stuff but I know that I'll catch on to it all eventually. I received my calendar of projects today for the next month and I will start my first audit on my own in less than four weeks. Eek!
Everyone I met today was super nice. I got to go out to lunch with most of the people in my department and I believe I could get along with all of them. One of my coworkers took me on a tour of the buildings and I saw the two women from my old firm that now work for my new company. They were both very excited I was joining them. I heard nothing but complete praise for the company and I can already tell that I'm going to love it.
And the best part? I can go through the supply catalog and order anything I want! I don't know what I did to deserve such grandeur. I kid you not, at my old firm the pencils were kept under lock and key. This level of trust with supplies is amazing!
2 comments:
My last (and I do mean LAST) office was like your old one. You had to ask for a new ball point pen. Every copy had to be applied to a job or $.05/ page was taken out of your paycheck. Now that I think about it, my internship in college was like that (there was a supply room and you had to submit a form for everything) and the office in between those 2 wasn't stingy, but it was so small that the owner's wife did all the office supply ordering, so you couldn't get crazy. Is it any wonder that I'm obsessed with office supplies AND I got as far away as possible from the corporate world?--Van
I didn't know you were joining fellow expatriots in your new job - that's kinda cool - it'll make for good happy hours!!
Post a Comment