Anyone else about ready to melt? Just me? Wow, I knew I was sweet but I had no idea! It only (only!) got up to 98 degrees today here in StL, which actually wasn't even close to the record of 112 set back in 1954. But here in this town that is nestled between the two largest rivers in the country we have this little thing called humidity, which leads to a thing called the heat index. So it actually felt like it was about 105 degrees outside today. Tomorrow is supposed to be like today but on Thursday the actual temp is supposed to be 103 BEFORE the humidity is factored in, and you know it's going to be humid since it's supposed to storm that night. Ick!
Here's another random item. Gas prices are INSANE! Yesterday I reluctantly filled up my car at $2.959, which I thought was rather expensive. But boy I'm glad I did because today at the same station the price was $3.079. That's a $0.12 jump in just one day! I know that we here in StL are supposed to have some of the lowest gas prices in the country, and for the most part we've had our gas stay under $3 a gallon. I guess there's just something about seeing it go over $3 that is rather frightening. But do you think that maybe we could have some more gradual raising of the prices and not such a drastic increase? Unreal.
2 comments:
I've been driving Jes truck and it as two tanks - most gas stations won't let you spend more than seventy five dollars at a time - they cut you off and you have to start a new transaction.
I spent $51 last week...$3.14/gal. Those Flintstones foot-powered cars are looking better and better :) :) :)
Post a Comment