Friday, November 03, 2006

Speak

Can you believe it? It's November 3rd and this is my third post in November! A post a day - what a freakin' concept!

Well folks, you've probably noticed that the elections are upon us. If you haven't, where the hell have you been? Everywhere you turn there's a political ad - on TV, on the radio, in the newspaper, on the Internet. It's usually this time of year that I'm so sick of it all that I could just shoot myself. But it's also around this time of year that I try to encourage you all to do your civic duty and cast your ballot.

The most common excuse I've heard for not voting is not that the person forgot to vote, but that the person didn't feel like they knew enough about the issues to vote for one person over another. I've got to tell you, if you're telling yourself that you don't know enough about the issues then you already know more than a lot of people who refuse to hear both sides of the issue. Trust your gut and go vote, dammit! Or, take a few minutes and do a little research online. Go to sites that you trust or agree with and find out who they support. The right to vote is so important and it shouldn't be taken lightly.

This Tuesday, November 7, make your voice heard. I don't care who you vote for, just vote!

No comments: