Monday, March 12, 2007

Me and my big mouth

I was just telling someone (I can't remember who - the memory, she ain't what she used to be) recently how I've managed to luck out of jury duty. I've received two summons and for both I managed to receive them right around the time I was moving out of that particular jurisdiction, allowing me to be excused from serving.

Wouldn't you know it, today I got a jury summons in the mail. Well, maybe I'll get a book read this year after all.

3 comments:

playswithyarn said...

you know, i have never been called. ever. period. i know that the city has a higher rate of calling people, but 7 years in the county-- and nothing.... and yes, i am registered to vote...

Anonymous said...

My mouth closed...locked..threw away the key :-)

Anonymous said...

I have had four summons but only have been picked to serve once. I hope you get lucky.