How does one comprehend such a thing? It's such a horrible story, especially when it happens to someone you know. Though I didn't know her personally, in a community so small you pretty much know everyone. From what I do know about her she was a sweet, shy girl. I know her husband's family as he had two half brothers who were in high school with me. When I found out about it this morning I got out my K-12 yearbook to confirm who I thought it was - she was in fourth grade when I was a senior. I was convinced that the killer was someone local because random crimes just don't happen where I'm from. From the reports I've heard this evening I was apparently wrong in my assumption. I just can't believe that something like this could happen in one of my home towns.
I'm going to my parents tomorrow and I'm sure that it's going to be all anyone can talk about. I called my mom today to find out what stories were going around about it but she didn't know much more than I did at the time. She informed me that the family has had three tragedies happen to it in the past five years:
1. This one.
2. My friend from high school who was beaten to death by her boyfriend was a cousin.
3. Another cousin disappeared in 2001 and hasn't been heard from since. Many think he was killed by an Internet stalker.
I think everyone at home is pretty much in shock by this latest tragedy - I know I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment