Sunday, January 02, 2005

A new year

Here are my pictures from New Year's Eve and New Year's Day over a Karl's. The album is titled "NYE2005" and the password to view is "visitor". We had a great time and it was good to see some new faces and some people I haven't seen in a long time.

Where the hell did 2004 go? I must say that it was a fairly good year personally. I had a lot of fun with my friends and got to know some friends better than I knew them before. I became more active politically, and though the elections didn't turn out the way I wanted I know more about how to fight for what I want. I moved into a terrific house that I absolutely love. I got my CPA license and NEVER, EVER have to take that fucking exam again. I have more responsibility at work, but that may end up being a bad thing (we'll see). The Cardinals made it to the World Series, though they were spanked when they got there. My brother became engaged and I got a couple more little cousins.

And what will 2005 bring? A couple more little cousins I'm sure. My brother's wedding in October, so I'll gain a sister-in-law. (Oh speaking of which, I'll probably stay at my current job one more year so I can have plenty of vacation time to use for the wedding. That way too I'll have five years of experience, which will be much better than four when I'm looking for a new job later. I say that now - we'll see how I feel after tax season.) A few more trips with friends and hopefully more trips to see friends that live out of town. And who knows, maybe a boyfriend? I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. I'm wishing for health and happiness for all of my friends and family.

New Year's Resolutions:
1. Lose weight before my brother's wedding, and then keep it off
2. Develop a regular exercise routine
3. Quit smoking for good
4. Become more involved in issues that I believe in
5. Complain less, love more

Happy new year everyone.

4 comments:

Karl said...

If you copy and paste the "tag" line from under the picture into your composition page in blogger then the picture will show up like text in your blog.

Beth said...

I know, but then the side bar moves to the bottom of the page because the pictures are too big for the body.

Karl said...

You can reduce the size of the pictures using the edit function and clicking reduce image size by 50% - then it will all fit - but then agin it is probably easier to link to the album since you have so many shots.

Beth said...

Thanks for the helpful hints - maybe I put a pic in next time.