Monday, August 01, 2005

I think I'm going to be sick

Well I did it. I put in an offer to buy a condo today. Huge step for me. If I get the place I'm going to be dirt poor for at least the next year. If I don't it means at least one more year of renting. I'm ready to buy but I'm not sure my checkbook is. No more massages, no more pedicures, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with my hair. Not to mention the two trips I still have coming up, including my brother's wedding - how am I going to pay for that? And Christmas - oh I don't even want to think about it. What if the price of gas keeps going up? What if my car blows up (which reminds me, I still need to get the fan fixed)? What if...I don't know. Being an adult sucks sometimes.

4 comments:

playswithyarn said...

hey! Congratulations! yeah. it's scarey. but over all, it's a really good thing. and well, you can be like me and give out hugs for christmas.

Karl said...

I think you should write a Haiku about it.

jomama said...

Looks like you're in a sickness of
your own making.

Step back and read what you just wrote.

Read it again.

Can you see a way to get free of all
those things you think are important?

Are they really?

Maybe you can make yourself well again.

Just a suggestion. Do as you please.

You will anyway.

Beth said...

I didn't mean to sound like only the material things matter to me. I would think that since I'm willing to give up those things to own a home that that would say something about the type of person I am. I'll admit that I've been a bit spoiled when it comes to some luxury items. But I am making the choice to give them up to get something more important. I'm just freaking out about not having enough money for food right now. And I'm not physically ill - just had the butterflies going in the stomach because I'm nervous about the whole thing.

Update - they counter-offered. I'll know more later today.