Friday, May 12, 2006

In case you were wondering

I was looking at my calendar tonight trying to plan some events for the summer and I realized that since tax season ended I've had and I will have something going on every weekend until the weekend after July 4. I take that back - I don't have anything going on Memorial Day weekend but a girl's gotta paint her condo sometime so I'm planning on that weekend. It really does amaze me how much of a life I have outside of tax season and how busy I can be while only working 8 hours a day.

I felt like I should blog this evening since I haven't all week but I'm finding I don't really have anything new and/or exciting to talk about. So I decided I would update everyone on some of my other posts from the past few months because I know you all are DYING to know what's going on in my boring (but busy) little life.

I've decided to treat myself with the iPod Nano and Razr option - thanks to everyone for their input. I think this is the best option for my personal use, especially considering there's a chance I might be supplied with a Blackberry or a Palm of some type at my next job. No, I don't have a new job lined up as of yet as it's kind of hard to get a new job without a completed resume. I think my next move is to talk to a headhunter and tailor my resumes to each job I apply for rather than having one general resume, and it's hard to finish a resume when you don't know exactly what you're applying for.

Did I mention that I finally started getting Food & Wine magazine? I did eventually say something about it to my cousin-in-law that I was getting the Newsweek instead of F&W, so she gave me some contact information for the company that the fundraiser was done through. I didn't get around to doing anything about it but towards the end of tax season the May copy of F&W showed up in my mailbox. I'm still getting Newsweek for some unknown reason, which I never read, but I do enjoy the F&W and I'm happy to be getting it.

My only sibling called me on Tuesday to wish me a happy birthday, nine days after the fact. He apologized profusely for forgetting the day saying he was on a hunting trip with his buddies and then got slammed at work when he got back. I told him that I was going to have to hold this over his head for a while and he understood.

But enough about my life, how are you doing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my place! Interesting that you're an accountant. My sister is also an accountant. She is completely unbearable during tax season...don't know how her hubby puts up with it ;-) After tax season they always take a nice vacation, though. So I guess it works out in the end.